Monday, December 10, 2012

Legacy.com - Just Dying to Be Mentioned

I did a Google search for "legacy" - check it out. I click on Legacy.com because I'm curious and enjoy seeing how people have put really good domain names to use. Bottom line - I'm not interested in being mentioned on Legacy.com for quite a while.

I doubt I would make the landing page for Legacy.com even if I were eligible to be considered worthy for Legacy.com. Yet, it begs the question, "So what will people remember me for?" 

Good question and the answer to that question requires comments from those who "really" know me. In the meantime, here's a couple of thoughts about the possibilities of legacy.

I've met, know and known many amazing people throughout my life and I love listening to their stories of success and how their failures and challenges became the seeds of that success. I cherish their words of wisdom whether they know I do or not. Whenever I have the opportunity to make a difference with someone else and sense that sharing my experiences of these people - I believe I am enhancing and expanding their legacy. See the blogs about Veterans Day (John), Zig Ziglar and Jimmy V.

Who knows, maybe the stories I share about others will have an impact on the lives of the living. And, maybe one day, when I become eligible for Legacy.com, I'll find myself in Heaven facing a long line of people who were blessed by the stories I shared about the legacy of others, which otherwise they may have never known.

Maybe, at the end of it all, it's really just taking the time to listen to another person and offering a few words of hope, encouragement and love. I guess I've been gifted with knowing many amazing people and I figure it's my job to listen, encourage, love and take the time to share the legacies of others. Thank You, God. I love my job.

Share the legacy of someone you know. It may make a difference!

~ Alan Goldsberry, Author and CEO of ZFactor Group Publishing



1 comment:

Unknown said...

These thoughts stirred me and resulted in causing me to think about my own legacy. This is a well-written and thoughtful post. Love it!
Seems that many are too busy to even think about the legacy they are creating and will be remembered for.
Thanks for the reminder to stop long enough to think deeply about how we may touch others, especially to actually notice them for individuals with their own set of hopes and dreams. Sometimes just listening to another is remarkable in itself.